Thursday, September 29, 2011

Fear

“Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.” Marianne Williamson

Wow.... That's all I gotta say.
Ok maybe not... I have a lot to say :) lol that's why I have a blog in the first place. Anyways, so how fitting is that statement? I mean really, sure were all scared of falling short but in reality it's the fear of success, freedom, and independence that keeps us falling over and over again.

It really becomes apparent to me when i read in Romans and Galatians about freedom and find myself with a ball of anxiety in my stomach.
"what do I do with myself if I'm not constantly planning, thinking, worrying, busy, or distracted?"
I think most of us really don't know what true freedom really feels like.
The freedom to truly live in the Love of God and express/use wholeheartedly the gifts we have been blessed with.
At least I know I don't.
I pray that we can all avoid "playing small and shrinking down" our God given abilities and truly use our blessings to bless others and serve the Lord.
What God given abilities have u been blessed with? What is keeping you from using them to glorify God to the fullest?
Let's break free from the bondage of fear and insecurity and start living out our Love for God by using the "talents" (reference Matthew 25:14) he has given each of us.

God bless,
And feel free to post success stories on how ur learning and growing in Christ and your progress in breaking free.

"For God did not give us a spirit of timidity (of cowardice, of craven and cringing and fawning fear), but [He has given us a spirit] of power and of love and of calm and well-balanced mind and discipline and self-control." (2 Timothy 1:7 AMP)

Amen!!!



2 comments:

  1. Maggie quotes that 2Tim verse at me all the time! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the quote about inadequacy, another wonderful post Will, thanks so much for sharing your story it has helped me immensely

    ReplyDelete