Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Tired...again

Well this is one of those days where im just tired..... again.
I feel so burnt out and frustrated. It seems like no matter how hard I try, how much i read, how much i pray, nothing seems to change.(Or at least not at a pace i like)
Its frustrating that my past is what it is and that even though I "know" the truths God says in his word it doesnt seem to stick or reach a deep place for very long.

As i was writing that last part the parable of the sower came to mind.
It seems like worldly concerns combined with Satans influence are "choking" my growth as a Christian.
I actually was listening to a sermon today on worry and the women giving the sermon described worry as chronically not trusting God and his promises. wow, pretty strong way of putting it if you ask me, but you know what its absolutely true. If i truly trusted and believed in the God of the Universe depicted in the Bible there should be no reason to worry. Yet how easy is it to lose sight of how true, omniscient, omnipresent, all-powerful, and faithful he is. Its hard to fathom theres no doubt especially in the midst of my anxieties pain and confusion.

I will just trust in him that he will do his work in me because im tired of trying to do it myself and worrying whether im doing it "right" or not.




1 comment:

  1. Very good point! So inspiring and uplifting to read your blog

    ReplyDelete